Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Obscuritan's State Of The Union

I began writing here at The Obscuritan Journal in May of this year, and I have to admit that I am having a great time doing so. I owe everyone who has taken a second to stop by and read my posts, so I thought I throw a little something different this week at you, just so you know what is going on here.

I've stated previously that my goal here is to eventually parlay my work here into something bigger. After taking into consideration the advise of some of my readership and close friends, I have a rough plan for the next year as to what I want to do here, and how to improve this blog to make it something more noteworthy.

The plan, as of now, looks something like this. In no specific order, I need to achieve the following goals:

1. I would like to purchase "The Obscuritan Journal" as my own and get away from using a third-party group to host my site.
2. I would like to spread the site via syndication and dead-tree advertising. If anyone would be willing to help me create and spread flyers/business cards, it would be deeply appreciated.
3. I'm thinking it's nearly time to create a Facebook page for The Obscuritan Journal, primarily as a dedicated point-of-contact for those people who are already Facebook users to help spread the word.

In short, The Obscuriatan Needs You!
(And yes, it is fun to refer to myself in the 3rd Person by a different name)

So what am I getting out of all of this, other than a creative outlet? Thanks to Blogger's "Stats" feature (which I will miss dearly once I do leave Blogger) I have been able to see what is actually happening in terms of readers and web-hits. So let me hit you with some facts:

- As of this posting, I have had 676 views, 307 of which in the past month.
- "Four Gods," posted on July 16th, has had the most viewers, followed by "Among The Ruins."
- Google and Facebook are the primary sources of hits for my site.
- The following countries are the highest ranking in terms of readership: Untied States (572 hits,) Canada (17 hits,) United Kingdom (14 hits,) and Germany (9 hits.) I have also had hits from The Czech Republic, Indonesia, and Ecuador.
- 40% of my readers are using Firefox. 38% are using Internet Explorer.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate everyone who has commented, emailed, called, or sent text messages in response to my work. I intend to keep this up for some time...so if you keep coming, I keep writing and researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment