Friday, November 12, 2010

Please Allow Me To (Re)Introduce Myself...

Good Morning (or Evening or Afternoon, wherever you are) to readers of T.O.J. -

I've spent this week, and will spend most of next week, working on topics for the rest of the year. You'd be surprised at what a task this can be. It's not that there are a lack of subjects that interest me but that there are too many and I often have no clue where to start. It's a big world, and with every new country that shows up in my Blogger-Stats, I am reminded of that fact.

So I thought I'd take a few minutes today to share with you (or for those of you who have been regular readers, re-share) what this blog is about, where it is currently, and what visions I have for it's future.

When I began this blog in May-June of this year, I had very few stated goals. I began this blog with the primary intention of getting myself back to writing on a regular basis. It shows in my early articles that I had been away from a regular writing project for sometime, and do feel much more relaxed and confident as a writer now, so I can say that thus far, I can assign that to the "Mission Accomplished" list. My secondary purpose was detailed in my Statement of Intent entry: I wanted to bring back the Weirdness into the world. So after discussing ritualized suicide, eerie androids, and the history of coffee, I think I've made good on that promise.

So what does all of this mean for T.O.J. and the link to said Weirdness that it provides? Well, I've been thinking about that...

The fact of the matter is that I've had some big hits and giant misses. For instance, the entry Four Gods still manages to bring in viewers. Yet Obscure Tweet and it's cousin at Tumblr...not so much. I'm not one for Twitter, and while I like Tumblr's layout and format, it just hasn't been something I've enjoyed using for T.O.J. and really almost isn't worth going further with.

So I am, as of now, looking at the future of this blog and what I would like to do with it. As it stands, my plans with this site are tentative, and I have nothing set in stone. My goal is to eventually grow this into it's own free-standing site. I would like to develop a website not only for myself, but one where I could potentially bring on other writers, especially if they would be willing to cover specific areas (strange politics from around the globe, world music craziness, that sort of thing) and to where I would have more than just a text box with a few pictures. I am, at heart, a writer, so this is something I will stick with.

If nothing else, I've had a lot of fun. We'll be back to our regularly scheduled program next Friday barring any tragedies. In the mean-time, I have planning to do...

Cheers to you, my readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment