Saturday, June 12, 2010

Statement of Intent

We've all heard the old adage that "There's nothing new under the sun." While this may be true, it's astonishing to me how many little things slip through the cracks of human knowledge.

With the advent of The Internet as a world-wide power, information of every sort has become available to the world on an unprecedented scale. Yet like the days prior to Google and Firefox, some bits of life have been relegated to the more neglected or uncomfortable corners of consciousness. This is where I come in.

Ever since childhood I have been drawn to the bits of knowledge left behind by the mainstream. The obscure, unsavory, or just plain peculiar have fueled my imagination. It's likely not suprising that the study and search for those topics has, to one degree or another, consumed my private life.

It is with this spirit in mind that I have embarked on this project. I have few goals per se; my primary interests are disseminating "weirdness" back in to the world (if only a piece at a time) and hopefully entertaining my readers at the same time.

At the same time, please understand that I intend to treat these subjects with as much respect and reverence as I am capable of providing.

With that, I can only ask that you "stay tuned" and, if you are so inclined, provide me with constructive feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment